- Cherry Creek School District No. 5
CCSD seniors named 2019 Daniels Scholars
Thirteen seniors in the Cherry Creek School District have been named 2019 Daniels Scholars because of their exceptional character, leadership and commitment to serving their communities. The students will receive funds from the Daniels Scholarship Program, which provides comprehensive college scholarships that help cover the costs of tuition and fees, room and board, books and supplies and miscellaneous educational expenses.
Congratulations to the Cherry Creek School District’s 2019 Daniels Scholars:
• Aya Abrate, Overland High School
• Malcolm Bamba, Overland High School
• Yafet Bekele, Smoky Hill High School
• Hawa Dansoko, Eaglecrest High School
• Evangelyne Eliason, Smoky Hill High School
• Michael Gromyko, Cherry Creek High School
• Hannah Jung, Cherry Creek High School
• Jade Keomanivong, Overland High School
• Jabez Kim, Overland High School
• Abderahmane Meharzi, Smoky Hill High School
• Paul Pak, Cherry Creek High School
• Khedija Salih, Overland High School
• Davon Walker, Grandview High School
Approximately 1,850 students completed the application for the Daniels Scholarship Program this year. Of the 218 students selected as 2019 Daniels Scholars, 134 are from Colorado, 24 are from New Mexico, 33 are from Utah and 27 are from Wyoming.
The Daniels Scholarship Program is part of the legacy of cable television pioneer and philanthropist Bill Daniels. He founded the Young Americans Bank in 1987 and supported the business school at the University of Denver, which was later renamed the Daniels College of Business in his honor. He also established the Daniels Fund, one of the largest foundations in the Rocky Mountain region. Since 2000, $188 million in scholarships has been awarded through the Daniels Scholarship Program.