- Village East Elementary School
A Message from the Principal
Greetings Village East Families!
Fall is an amazing time of the year when the leaves begin to fall, change colors, and transform for its next season of growth. Our students are undergoing a similar change process. Many of them came into the school year from 3 very different worlds - online, in-person, or a different school environment. The beginning of the year was an adjustment as we brought these 3 worlds together. Our students have been working so hard and learning at a high level. Now that we have all settled into the school year, many great things are happening and students are experiencing transformational academic change. Our school procedures have also undergone a few changes that I want to share with you.
- First, our arrival time for students is 7:40 am. We will not have supervision for students outside before this time.
- Second, our school day now ends at 2:45 pm for all grades K-5th. We no longer have a staggered dismissal.
- Last, birthday treats that are sent to school must be packaged and store bought to be accepted. You will need to arrange this with your child’s teacher 24 hours in advance.
Another special change that we have had this year is we have become a Leader in Me school. We have learned the first two habits: Habit 1: Be Proactive and Habit 2: Begin with the End in Mind. Our students are taking on leadership roles throughout the building in really important ways. They have been lunch leaders, tour guides, Student Lighthouse Leaders, and greeters for events throughout the year. Our 50th Anniversary Celebration would not have been a success without their leadership and enthusiasm.
Last, I want to highlight some of the parent engagement activities that are coming up:
- Family Learning Night #1 - 5:15 pm - 7:30 pm - Tuesday, November 16th
- Parent-Teacher Conferences - 3:00 pm - 7:00 pm - Thursday, November 18th
- Family Learning Night #2 - 5:15 pm - 7:30 pm - Thursday, February 24th
I want to take this opportunity to personally thank you for helping us to make this school year such a success. You are an amazing partner in your child’s education.
In service of our students,
Mia Robinson, Principal
Village East Elementary School