- Falcon Creek Middle School
Dec. 15 Letter to Families
Dear Falcon Creek Families,
Thank you very much for your continued support of Falcon Creek and our staff. I know these have been trying times for all of us, and I am committed to working with you to get through these challenges as smoothly as possible. Allow me to share with you information that you will need in the event we return to in-person learning after Winter Break.
We are planning for the return of secondary students to enhanced Hybrid learning in January (This is contingent on health safety data supporting a safe return for our students and staff). To ensure a successful second semester, we considered student, parent, and teacher feedback and adjusted the Hybrid schedule. The new Hybrid schedule:
- Complies with CDPHE Guidelines
- Increases instructional time with 3 days of direct instruction (1 day Remote and 2 days In-Person)
- Gives students more access to teachers
- Increases peer interaction by combining A and B cohorts virtually on Mondays
- Enables teachers to frontload the week’s lessons and independent practice with students
- Provides a more consistent routine for students and minimizes the asynchronous time between lessons
- Supports family demands (i.e. childcare, work)
- Blends Remote and In-Person learning
- Does not apply to Elevation, Endeavor Academy, and some special programs
- Maintains operational structures (food distribution, bus schedules, etc.)
- Maintains the master schedule and student class options
- Aligns grades 6-12 and other High School programs
Please see below the schedule for our return to school in January. Again, this is contingent on health safety data supporting a safe return for our students and staff.
Week of Monday, January 4 ~ Continue Remote Learning
Monday, Jan. 4: Furlough Day/No Students
Tuesday, Jan. 5: Teacher Work Day/No Students
Wednesday, Jan. 6: Remote Schedule/Odd Day
Thursday, Jan. 7: Remote Schedule/Even Day
Friday, Jan. 8: Remote Schedule/Odd Day
Teacher Work Day
Teachers will not provide Instructional Support Time in the afternoons on these Remote Days so that they may prepare for a return to the Hybrid schedule.
Week of Monday, January 11 ~ Transition to Hybrid Schedule (pending health safety guidance)
On Mondays, all students will participate in remote learning from home. You can find the new Monday schedule attached.
Please also find attached the Hybrid schedule for Quarter 3.
Once again, thank you families for working with us through these changes. If at any time you have questions or problems, please reach out to me and I will work with you on those matters.
Take care and have a happy and healthy Winter break and holiday season.