I Want To...
- Fox Ridge Middle School
Mental Health Support
Important phone numbers if you or a loved one needs help:
- Colorado Crisis Services: 1-844-493-8255. They provide confidential help for any mental health, substance use, or emotional crisis, 24/7/365. If you don't know where to turn, call 844-493-TALK (8255), text TALK to 38255, or visit www.ColoradoCrisisServices.org
- Safe2Tell: 1-877-542-7233 - Anonymously report anything that concerns or threatens you, your family, your friends, or your community.
- Call 911 if you are someone you know is in immediate danger.
- Medical Center of Aurora Behavioral Health: 303-360-3650
- Aurora Mental Health: 303-617-2300
- All Health: 303-730-8858
- Cherry Creek Summer Mental Health Resources - https://www.cherrycreekschools.org/site/default.aspx?PageID=13485
- Coping with Loss, Death, and Grief
- Preventing Youth Suicide – Tips for Parents and Educators
- CCSD Mental Health website and resources
- Does My Child Need Help? E-booklet
Signs of Suicide Program - Fox Ridge is joining other Cherry Creek middle schools in offering prevention training as part of the SOS Signs of Suicide® Prevention Program. We usually teach this program in the fall.
The goals of the program are:
•To help our students understand depression occurs with kids and is treatable.
•To explain suicide is a preventable tragedy which often occurs as a result of untreated depression.
•To provide students training in how to identify serious depression and potential suicidality in themselves or a friend.
•To impress upon youth they can help themselves or a friend by taking the simple step of talking to a responsible adult about their concerns.
•To help students know a trusted adult in the school they can turn to for help, if they need it.